With 30 years of civil litigation experience, Mr. Saveri is one of his country’s top antitrust litigators and a leader with respect to the areas of complex civil and class action litigation. He has investigated, prosecuted, and successfully resolved numerous antitrust class actions and other important landmark cases. As court-appointed lead or co-lead counsel, he has handled “no-poach” employment, reverse payment pharmaceutical, vertical distribution, global price-fixing cartel, and a variety of Section 2 monopolization cases, including ones involving sports and sports leagues. He founded the Joseph Saveri Law Firm in 2012. His firm has received numerous accolades and its attorneys have generated over $3 billion in settlements and successful resolutions for its clients.
Mr. Saveri is a frequent author of articles on antitrust and complex litigation issues, and a lecturer on a variety of matters, including antitrust, complex litigation, class action practice, and discovery. He is a frequent speaker on antitrust issues as well as complex litigation topics, including ediscovery. Among his many memberships, Mr. Saveri is on the Advisory Board of the American Antitrust Institute and is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. Mr. Saveri also served and serves on a number of court committees charged with developing rules and programs regarding complex litigation, ediscovery, and other legal issues.
Mr. Saveri and his Firm have received numerous accolades from multiple entities, including:
- American Antitrust Institute: Honoree—“Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice” (2017); Finalist—“Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice” (2015)
- Chambers USA: “Band 1” (top-ranked) plaintiffs’ antitrust attorney for California and nationwide (2014-2018)
- California Daily Journal: “Top 100 Lawyers in California” (2018, 2016); CLAY Award—California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (2016); “Top Boutiques” in California (2018, 2016)
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent rating—Top Rated Lawyers (2008-2018)
- Super Lawyers: Super Lawyers Northern California—Antitrust Litigation (2006-2018). Also “Super Lawyers Top 100 Northern California” (2015-2016)
- Who’s Who Legal: One of the top plaintiffs’ attorneys worldwide via Who’s Who Legal: Competition, publication of Who’s Who Legal and Global Competition Review (2015-2018)